Sunday 10 October 2010

Baby Quilts Bound for Germany

I finally finished the binding last night on the two baby quilts bound for Germany next week.



I quite like the one with orange binding and top stitch, but I rushed a bit on the stipling and I am not 100% happy with the outcome. The sashing is Kona Cream Solid from Pink Chalk and the backing fabric is the same bamboo print I used around the outside sashing on the front from GJ's in East Brunswick.



The blue/brown one is a replica of another quilt I made a while back but in different colours. The majority of the fabrics come from another "Vintage Jelly Roll" from Spotlight with sashing in the Kona Cream Solid. The fabric is made in india and I probably won't buy it again as the cutting of the 2 1/2 inch sashes were a bit wonky.




The stipling is all swirly and made with a verigated thread that I got at the Craft Expo yesterday and quite easy and relaxing to do as it is easy to hide mistakes (unlike straight stitches).



Today is an ideal washing day for quilts, so I popped them both in the washer just to make sure that the stitching is up for the job. Then any minor repairs can be done before they leave on Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the row of big orange hand stitches. They just make the quilt.

willywagtail said...

Love the light sashing and the feature of the hand quilting too. Cherrie